I’m tired of it. Are you tired of it? All the things you don’t get to do while trying to conceive.
The list is long and the items on it make us irritable, crabby, less happy, resentful, tired, sad. The list goes on and on.
Less coffee. No alcohol. No recreational drugs. Less intense exercise. Fewer planned vacations. Less intimate contact with your closest friends because they sometimes say such unhelpful things. No baby showers for us yet. No first smiles, yet. Very little privacy down there in the nether regions. More exercise than you would like or less.
Infertility – A Bad Fairy Tale
It’s like being caught in a bad fairy tale. Where you’re Snow White and half the dwarves rolled into one. And not the fun dwarves either. All the work and no play dwarves make us women (and men) irritable and oh, so much less fun than we used to be. Grumpy fits pretty darn well, right?
I had an idea. A pass for something you’d rather not do in exchange for everything you don’t get to do right now.
- No glass of wine tonight = no having to cook dinner
- No cup of regular, caffeinated coffee filled to the brim = no vacuuming
- No sugary, calorie laden desert = no trip to the dry cleaner
- No planned vacation because you might be in a fertility cycle/pregnant/or need a procedure = 1 night out at the theatre/concert of your choice
- No marathon running because it’s too extreme = 1 pedicure/manicure
- One procedure that you would just really rather not do = 1 conversation that you do not have to have repeating the same moronic things over again (i.e. “No, we don’t have children yet.” “Yes, we would like to have children someday” “No, I never considered having sex, is that what you have to do to get pregnant?”)
Treating Yourself During Fertility Treatment
I mean it!
Every single time you have to say no to something because of fertility treatment, pick a GREAT BIG YES that you do get to say.
Let’s turn Grumpy into Happy.
Let’s turn this icky fairy tale on its head.
Here’s how I’ll start.
Dinner out after Fertile Yoga in Bethel tonight with anyone who would like to join me. Laughter, no work.
Who’s joining me tonight?