Infertility can grow into the monster that ate Chicago. OK, I have no idea if there was ever a concept of a monster eating Chicago. My point was that infertility can get bigger and bigger and bigger until it is big enough to eat Chicago. Which would be a shame as it’s such a fantastic city.
A few simple facts about fertility and infertility should shrink this to a manageable, if not an especially friendly or beloved monster.
10 Truths About Fertility
- Fertility treatment is not always expensive or invasive.
- Insurance often covers many different aspects of infertility treatment.
- Not becoming pregnant within 6 months to a year (depending on your age) is a signal that something is not working properly in your reproductive system
- Both men and women can have fertility problems
- Fertility treatment can start whenever you are ready
- Keeping track of your menstrual cycle is helpful– count day one as your first full day of menstrual flow, then keep counting until you menstruate next. The days in between are the length of your cycle.
- You can be perfectly healthy in other aspects of your health and have trouble becoming pregnant.
- Fertility treatment has helped millions of people in the last three plus decades to have the family they are hoping for.
- One in six couples will need some sort of assistance in having a baby.
- Fertility treatment is available for you- whether you are a straight or a LGBTQ person. Whether you are married or single.
Why See a Fertility Specialist
By shrinking this monster down to size, it makes it possible to go see a fertility specialist who can see what’s going on that is preventing you from conceiving. It may be a simple adjustment in the timing of sexual relations or an oral medication, it may be a complicated set of procedures and it could easily be somewhere in-between.
Taking this monster on might be just what you need to become pregnant, stay pregnant and have your baby.
Isn’t it worth looking this monster straight in the face?
Topics: Fertility Treatment