Fertility treatment and infertility cause stress. We know that. We worry. We wonder. We hope. We despair. And we start all over again.
This cycle is exhausting. In addition to the actual doctor appointments, fertility treatment procedures, medications that need to be administered and more, this round and round adds to our emotional load.
Managing Infertility Stress & Respecting Yourself
I’m not here to offer answers that sound simple and are anything but easy. In fact, the simplest answers hold a lot of wisdom, such as:
- Letting go of the cycle of hope and despair and just being.
- Releasing attachment to results.
- Assuming that everything is happening as it should.
- Knowing that you are strong enough to get through anything you need to.
- Understanding that you are being made stronger having to go through this experience.
Those statements hold a lot of wisdom. And unfortunately, that wisdom does not always feel accessible when we are all caught up in our deepest desires, most heartfelt hopes. We may know those things are true, and still, we can’t feel those things. We say those things to ourselves and they do not sink in deep enough to touch our hearts. They are not accessible, no matter how many times we say them to ourselves.
They are wonderful and lofty mantras, each and every one of them. And maybe you have your own. I love, “I am whole and complete”. And when I can’t touch that, when that makes no sense because of how not whole and complete I am feeling, I go with any one of these:
- I am enough for today.
- This is how I am in this moment.
- I am a human being.
- My best today is good enough.
- I am grateful.
Whether you are able to access those “higher” states of being, or whether you need to get down to the basics, it’s all good.
It is all good.
Treat yourself with respect and love.
You deserve it.