Whether you are TTC or pregnant, especially during the holiday season, there are most likely a few questions you want to avoid being asked, but one that will inevitably come up is: "Why aren’t you drinking?”
If you are someone who is thinking about getting pregnant, but are not quite there yet, each drink mentioned has a Mocktail to Cocktail option too!
Below is our Facebook Live video as well as the drink recipes mentioned during the broadcast from RMACT's Eleanor Roper and Bar Sugo's, Bartender, Seth Hiravy.
We hope you enjoy some of these Mocktails (or Cocktails) this holiday season!
Cranberry Mule Mocktail
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 oz. Sweetened Cranberry Juice
- 4 oz. Ginger Ale
- Lime Wedges and cranberries to garnish
- Fill copper mug with ice.
- Combine lime juice, cranberry juice, vodka and ginger beer in mug. Stir.
- Garnish with lime wedges and fresh cranberries. Serve.
To take it from Mocktail to Cocktail, add 2 oz. of vodka or alcohol of your choice, 4 oz. of hard ginger beer or ginger ale, and follow the above directions.
- 3 oz LaCroix Coconut sparkling water
- 1 oz white grape juice
- Splash of Grenadine
- Add sparkling water and grape juice to the martini glass.
- With a straw add the grenadine to the glass.
- Garnish drink with cranberries.
To take it from Mocktail to Cocktail, add 2 oz. of Ciroc Cononut vodka and follow the above directions.
Apple Cardamom Shrub
- 3 apples
- 1/2 cup Turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs crushed Cardamom
- Shred apples using a food processor/ box grater.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mason jar and allow to sit in refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- After sitting, strain liquids from the fruit mixture into a large bowl.
- Discard solids, rebottle the shrub syrup in a mason jar.
- Store and refrigerate for up to 1 year.
How Do You Like Them Apples Mocktail
- .5 oz Apple Cardamom Shrub
- .5 oz maple syrup
- .5 oz lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a bar shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into an ice filled rocks glass.
- Fill with club soda.
- Garnish with lemon or apple slice.
To take it from Mocktail to Cocktail, add 1 oz whiskey.
Pommes de Normandy (Hot Apple Cider)
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 2 pears (sliced)
- 1 lb white grapes
- ½ lemon (sliced)
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- .5 tbs ground allspice
- 2 cups Turbinado sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cover and place on low heat for 2 hours.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and keep at a low heat when ready to serve.
To take it from Mocktail to Cocktail, add french brandy or spiced rum!
Mint Simple Syrup
- Strawberry Mint Simple Syrup
- 2 lbs strawberries (chopped)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mint
- Combine sugar and strawberries and allow to sit for 30 min.
- Combine sugar, water, and strawberries in a saucepan and place on medium heat. Stir occasionally and do not let mixture boil.
- After 10 minutes add mint and allow to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. The syrup will be extremely hot, so if necessary, allow the syrup to cool before straining the syrup.
- Discard fruit solids, bottle syrup and keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- Add to your favorite sparkling beverage, alcholic or non-alcoholic!