What do you think is the reason that you are experiencing infertility? Take this simple test to see how right or wrong you might be about the reasons you are infertile.
Why Am I Infertile?
- My trouble conceiving is because I was exposed to a sexually transmitted disease.
- I have PCOS that was not diagnosed and therefore not treated properly.
- The IUD that I used as birth control caused scar tissue.
- I had an abortion when I was younger and not ready to become a parent.
- My parents struggled with infertility too before finally getting pregnant with me.
- I had cancer when I was younger and was not told about fertility preservation.
- The environment is growing more and more polluted.
- I exercise too little.
- I wasn't sure if I wanted a baby until about six months ago.
- I drank from bottles that were not BPA free for decades.
- My trouble conceiving is because I waited until I was older.
- I partied too much when I was younger.
- I smoked pot for 5 years, every other day.
- I ignored symptoms that there would be a problem conceiving.
- My menstrual cycle is irregular.
- My trouble conceiving stems from being on birth control too long.
- I exercise too much.
Infertility Diagnosis: Just Bad Luck?
Ready for the answer? Score yourself one point for every yes. Two points for every no. Three points for every "not applicable".
Add them up.
For scores between 0-5, 5-10, 10-15, 15-20, 20-25, 25-30, 30-35 and 35 and higher, the answer is a strong, conclusive "maybe".
Maybe some of these things contributed to the sub fertility you are experiencing. For some of the answers, I'd go out on a limb and say a strong maybe.
And maybe not.
One important truth (not the only truth) is that infertility is often just plain bad luck.
Maybe this brings some relief, "yipppee, it's not my fault!"
Maybe it brings some frustration, "I still have no answers."
Either way, there are fertility treatment cycle protocols that are available to you that can help you become pregnant. That's the good luck.
Most cases of infertility are bad luck. A genetic or not genetic, predisposition to having a problem that maybe your sister, brother, or other relative who conceives easily just doesn't have. A little quirk in your DNA that interferes with you becoming pregnant easily.
Accepting that it could just be bad luck could be the impetus for you to focus on becoming pregnant. The why? It may just not matter. And it could mean that you could stop blaming yourself.
Bad luck. Yup, that's what infertility often is. And like any other luck, it's bound to change.
Create your own good luck- get to the best fertility program that you can. It can make all the difference.