I’m full of questions today. One just leads to the next and the next and then even more. I have no answers. I want to know more. I want to assume less. I want to hear your voices and not think I know everything there is to know, especially about infertility.
So here goes my list of infertility questions. My private email address is FertileYoga@gmail.com. I would love to hear your answers or more questions that were provoked by my questions.
Infertility felt meteoric to me. Past the up’s and down’s and sudden twists of a roller coaster, my emotions felt more encompassing and just simply larger than a roller coaster. There were moments of infertility being so very tiny that a dust molecule towered over it. I was stable. I was crazy. I was focused. I had no idea what to do next. I understand the next steps of fertility treatment. I had no clue what I would do if the current treatment wasn’t successful.
That was me. That is not everyone.
So here are the infertility questions that have been flowing through my head lately. Could you pick three that speak to you and send me your answers? I will not publish anything without your permission, ever. Just interested in how you think about infertility.
- Do you feel like infertility is your enemy?
- Do you feel compassion for yourself about your infertility struggles?
- Do you feel compassion about others with their infertility struggles?
- Do you wish that you had a different medical problem?
- Are you finding that you are isolating more or less because of infertility?
- Do you picture infertility as self-contained? Not part of you?
- When you refer to infertility, is it as if it’s sitting over there in a corner, all by itself?
- Does it feel like infertility has taken over your whole being? Or only your brain?
- Do you feel diseased?
- On a scale of 1-1,000, how sorry do you feel for yourself on your worst day?
- On a scale of 1- 1,000, how happy are you on any given day?
- Do you have a plan if absolutely nothing works in fertility treatment?
- Is being unsuccessful in fertility treatment your biggest fear?
- Do small successes in fertility treatment feel good to you?
- Do other women’s pregnancies bother you if you know that they also had to use a fertility specialist?
- How will you know when to stop treatment?
- Do you have a plan if you decide to stop treatment?
- What’s your biggest fear in not having children?
- Can you see yourself happy in your life without children?
- What do you wish you had known five to ten years ago?
Believe it or not, these are just a few of the questions that run through my head about infertility and fertility treatment. Some of them are questions you’ve probably asked yourself a thousand times or so. Some may not be. Some are scary to ask you and are probably scary to ask yourself- anything about childfree living may set off alarms.
The questions that feel too scary? The ones that induce panic?
Put them aside please. This is not intended to create fear, my questions are to discover more about other people feel about infertility.
Are there three questions here that you think you can answer?
Email me. This is my opportunity to learn from you.
So that I can serve you better.
That is my wish.
That I write here on PathtoFertility about what you are most interested in hearing about.
Thank you for helping me discover what you want to know about.