Infertility can take a toll on your emotional well being. Maybe you’ve always been a cheerful, upbeat person. Maybe you’ve been able to feel generous towards others even when feeling sad for yourself about something.
And maybe right now, you don’t even recognize yourself. You may feel smaller than normal, less able to empathize. Life may not feel nearly as possible if you have experienced fertility losses, which delayed conceiving certainly creates.
You just want to feel like yourself again. Even in the midst of the uncertainty of fertility treatment cycles or trying to conceive on your own.
Here’s a way to change things up. For the better. A tool that costs you nothing, has no calories, no alcohol, no caffeine, and no side effects, except for good ones.
Mantras for Fertility Support
Positive affirmations, said as mantras are powerful. A mantra is a statement that we repeat that aids in concentration and focus. It becomes a meditation, regardless of where you are or how long you repeat the mantra. Spending one minute breathing in and breathing out is a powerful relaxation exercise that you can do almost anytime, anywhere. A powerful emotional exercise with benefits that include slowing your panic response to news that feels startling, good or bad.
What we tell ourselves can become our reality. How we choose to see ourselves is within our own power, regardless of the circumstances we may feel caught up in. We can make the choice to take a minute and break the cycle of whatever we feel caught up in.
Fertility Mantras & Positive Affirmations
For each positive affirmation, there is a statement that you will make to yourself on your breath in. This is said in present tense. We are making a choice to be this, right now. Even if it’s not how you feel. For that breath in, it’s your reality. Then there’s a statement that you will make to yourself on the breath out. Positive affirmation suggestions:
- I am breathing in life and love
- I am present in my own life
- I am wide awake and alert
- I am a vibrant, healthy woman
- I am strong and healthy
- I am capable and loving
- I am loved and I am loving
- I am beautiful, healthy and alive
- I am content in my present moment
- I am happy to be alive
- I am my breath and that is healing
- I am seeing clearly my own heartbeat
- I turn my face, my heart and my breath to the light
- I am satisfied right now
- I am whole and complete
On your exhale, pick one of these or chose a second from above. Some people choose two positive affirmations; some prefer to use a choice from below to create a release. Neither is more correct than the other, nor is one more effective than the other. Maybe, try it both ways and see what suits you better. What soothes you better is the right choice.
- I release my frustrations
- I let go of disappointment
- I free myself of fear
- I forgive myself for mistakes that I have made
- I heal with every breath out
- I let my breath carry me home
- I let go of emotions that are old and stale
- I release expectations
- I let go of resentments towards myself and others
- I heal because I am capable
- I forgive and accept myself as I am
- I release all energy that does not serve me
- I feel the power of sweeping things out in my exhalation
- I let go and trust that I am safe
- I relinquish the need to be in charge
My recommendation? Repeat your mantra for one minute every hour. Close your eyes, for sixty seconds. If you are at work, go to the bathroom. Bathrooms are amazing places for meditation!
Sixty seconds, every hour you are awake.
Let’s try it together for one week and see what happens.
Who would like to join me?