Fertility free weekend ideas. Yes, even if you are in the middle of a fertility treatment cycle or waiting for results from a cycle.
Can I make a suggestion for this weekend?
Pick one and indulge yourself. If you really want to pamper yourself, pick two. For the grand treatment, choose three. The ultimate? Do them all.
Ideas for a Weekend Free From Infertility
- Sleep a minimum of seven hours, and then begin your day with a thirty minute stroll outside.
- Eat a healthy meal, prepared at home or elsewhere, nourishing body and heart.
- Read a book, a poem, or an essay that you’ve always wanted to read or were inspired by someone else to read.
- Listen to a piece of music that you love. Find out if there has been a cover made of it and listen to that musician perform it.
- Write a letter to someone that you miss, put it in an envelope and seal it. Mail it or put it in a special place to reread in six months.
- Spend time with a friend that you can count on for an adventure, doing an activity that is fun or interesting.
- Dance. Yes, dance. Put a favorite album on, close your eyes and just let go. Without a single worry about what you look like, listen to the sound and the beat and follow your body’s instincts.
- Funny movie time– laugh out loud funny. Pick a favorite actor or comedian and settle in with some popcorn.
As is often the case, I did not have one suggestion. I had a few more than one. Pick your top three. Or if you want to challenge yourself?
Pick two that you love the idea of and one that is a little more difficult to consider doing.
Take the time that it takes for these activities as your time off from fertility treatment. Time off for good behavior. Heroic effort.
Congratulate yourself for these brief respites from infertility. You deserve it.