It’s funny. It’s not funny. It’s funny. It’s not funny.
Pull a few petals off a flower and figure it out.
Infertility Humor – "It's Funny, But..."
What do we find funny about infertility humor? Everything. Nothing. The stupidest things.
Today, it’s about but. You know, that statement that starts with, “you know, it’s funny, but …”
And then the rest of the statement is anything but funny.
It’s funny but….
- I never expected to have to give myself shots to become pregnant.
- How did I know I was wasting all that money on birth control for no reason?
- Everyone told me that if I had sex, especially if I was unmarried, that I would get pregnant, and yet….
- My sister in law has been married five minutes and is expecting a child in nine months, minus five minutes.
- I gave up coffee, booze, recreational drugs, extreme exercise, partying until all hours of the night and I’m still not pregnant.
- My sixteen year old niece had sex once and is knocked up.
- I get to have shots in my butt and my husband gets to masturbate in a cup and he’s the one complaining.
- I’ve had so many medical people looking at my lady parts that I don’t even care who’s in the room anymore for an ultrasound.
- Bringing a cooler to a party these days means I’m bringing medication that needs to be refrigerated not a six pack of beer.
- My friends offering to give me their children just makes me want to smack them.
- My baby pictures on Facebook and on my holiday cards are of my cat (dog, rat, fish, snake, ferret, etc.).
- I can finally have sex without worrying about becoming pregnant and it sucks.
- Instead of my parents wanting me not to have sex and not become pregnant, now they’re obsessed with me HAVING sex and GETTING pregnant.
- When I didn’t want to become pregnant, I worried. Now that I want to become pregnant, I’m worried.
- I never really wanted to have a baby until I was completely ready to have a baby and couldn’t.