In our dream world, the bathroom at our fertility center would be much different than what it is.
Here is a list of what we wish our board certified Reproductive Endocrinologists, (informally known as our fertility docs) bathroom contained:
- A pitcher of margaritas, or tequila or voda, or rum... (to help take the edge off of any and all nervousness about the appointment).
- Disposable razors (because we know how much our fertility docs care about whether our legs are shaved! Not to mention other areas).
- An assortment of perfume (just to spruce up with in case it’s not a first thing in the morning appointment).
- Mood lighting (so we don’t have to see every new stress line that we have developed on our faces due to infertility).
- Something good to read for those times we have had to hold 5,000 gallons of fluid for thirty minute appointments (exaggeration- it’s never really 5,000 gallons, but it can feel like it!).
- Lovely music to distract us from the circular thinking we are engaging in (are there going to be more follicles, will they have grown, how is my lining, what are my test results, how long before I can start a cycle, etc.).
What would you wish for? Tell us in the comments below!