Special Fertile Yoga Class Needs Your Support
A very special Fertile Yoga class this coming Tuesday, March 12, at Blackbird Yoga in Georgetown needs you. Address: 28 Main Street, Redding (Georgetown), CT. Right off Route 7, behind Caraluzzi's.
It's not easy to discuss infertility. Most of us have a lot of feelings around our troubles conceiving. We don't necessarily want our friends and family to know, not even the closest friends and family.
We don't want pity or unwanted and possibly insensitive questions. There are lists and lists of reasons why we don't talk about our infertility and fertility treatment.
Here's an opportunity to speak out. Maybe there are one or two of you out there like me.
I had a big mouth. Some would say I still do.
Opening Up About Infertility
Here's a few reasons that I'm proud of my big mouth:
- The empty stroller rallys in NYS that helped bring about a state mandate around infertility;
- The American Fertility Association that evolved from Resolve of NYC, while I was vice president of that chapter of Resolve;
- inFocus magazine, a publication that The AFA produced, with me as the editor in chief;
- Reclaiming the word fertility as opposed to infertility;
- Ladies Night In - with my wonderful colleague Carrie Van Steen, a peer support group that supports women in the midst of fertility challenges;
- Fertile Yoga - founded and developed by me over four years ago, specifically designed for men and women in fertility treatment;
- PathtoFertility blog, written five days a week by me, created to support men and women trying to conceive;
- Working with RMACT ~ a fertility program dedicated to supporting men and women in fertility treatment.
Share What Fertility Treatment Means for You
If you have ever had a yearning to speak out about what fertility treatment means for you and to you, here's a chance to speak about it. Here's a chance to allow other men and women to know that infertility is not a shameful, unchangable condition. That we can talk about it. That we go on and have babies. Sometimes more than one!
Find your voice and share it. Help someone else along who may be scared that they are the only ones not pregnant.
If you would like to support the effort and not necessarily be filmed, please contact me.
We need your help.
I need your help.
Come and remind people that infertility is not a shameful secret.
Please email me at email@example.com and put Fertile Yoga in the subject line.
I need a group of brave men and women willing to come to class this coming Tuesday. You do not have to be identified and can be filmed from behind.
Or you can talk to the reporter and tell her your name.
I need you to come.