Holiday Season Activites that Do Not Include Children
Favorite things to do doing the holiday season that do NOT include children:
- Drive/Walk to see Holiday lights. The bigger, brighter, the better. The flashier. My favorites tend to be the ones lit up, that you can see from two miles away.
- Cozy fires, hot tea/chocolate/glass of wine, book, cat/dog, spouse/partner (or not!)
- Good or bad holiday movies, (a favorite, I will admit it here, "Love Actually")
- Going to see a movie in the theatre, R-rated, no children! (mainly)
- Prepare a special meal. Better yet, BUY a special meal that someone else has prepared. Eat it on the best china that you own, with your special flatware. Use your prettiest candles and wine glasses (even if you are drinking water). Find a scruptuous desert; it's the holidays, a treat is in order. Take your time and enjoy what you have created.
- Sleep in. Spend the day in your pajamas.
- Don't answer the phone.
- Stay off the computer. Or, stay on it the entire day.
- Baths are always wonderful. Add candles, lovely music, something nice to drink and a soft covered book. (Soft covered is important, trust me, dropping a hard covered book in the water kinda stinks.)
- Go for a run/walk/stroll. Dress warmly, look carefully, breathe deeply.
- Do a photography session. Pick up your camera/phone and look for interesting images. Go close in on a flower or a vase or even a piece of fabric. Or, take the camera/phone outside.
- I almost forgot yoga!!! Practice at home, do sun salutations (Suriya Namascar), go to a class.
These are the things that I like to do when I have some free time and it's all mine to spend the way I want. It's almost like having money to spend any way you want.
Spend it mindfully. It's a precious commodity, time.
How do you want to spend it?