Coping with Infertility and Conquering the Struggle
When you are coping with infertility, here are some ideas to ponder if you start to feel that you are your infertility problems and they are you. Some are funny. Some are thoughtful. Some are downright silly.
Don't we all need silly once in a while? Or is that once a day? Me, I'm going with the Monty Python quote. It's just the amount of silly that I need.
16 Positive Affirmations for Fertility Support
Maybe that positive affirmation is the quirky one that you need during fertility treatment. If that is appealing, check out the one about lighthouses. That should do the trick.
- ”I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~Thomas Edison
- “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” ~Helen Keller
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~Zig Ziglar
- "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." ~Buddha
- “In stillness all conflict must end.” ~Phillip Urso
- “Desire, ask, believe, receive.” ~Stella Terrill Mann
- "When you're chewing on life's gristle / Don't grumble, give a whistle / And this'll help things turn out for the best... / And...always look on the bright side of life... / Always look on the light side of life." ~Monty Python's Life of Brian
- "Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift." ~Regina Brett
- "Personally, I don't think there's intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?" ~Bob Monkhouse
- "Rather than letting our negativity get the better of us, we could acknowledge that right now we feel like a piece of shit and not be squeamish about taking a good look.” ~Pema Chödrön
- “Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” ~Shel Silverstein
- “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” ~Anne Lamott
- “You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.” ~Deepak Chopra
- "If you are going through hell, keep going." ~Winston Churchill
- "Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end." ~Unknown
Infertility Care Includes Kindess to Oneself
At the end of a long week, remember that infertility care includes loving kindness. Kind of a good place to end I think. And if it's not okay, I'm good with that; it's not the end.
Be kind to yourselves this weekend. Do something loving and generous. Or sleep in late. Or take a walk on the beach. Or do all of those things.