What are you doing to support yourself during infertility or fertility treatment? Carrie Van Steen, who is sitting right next to me as we wait for Ladies Night In, wants to know. She wants you to consider something new for yourself, for the spring.
CT Infertility Clinic Offerings
Consider what we are offering for the next several weeks at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Connecticut, the infertility clinic in CT designated as one of the select nationwide Centers of Excellence:
- Pre-Conception Classes - with CT Nutritionist Carolyn Gundell, MS (March 17, April 14, May 5): Come learn about how to be proactive on your path to fertility. Make lifestyle choices that will support your future pregnancy.
- PCOS – Women to Women - Peer Support Group – with Nutritionist Carolyn Gundell, MS in Stamford (April 5, June 14): PCOS is a lifelong endocrine syndrome with many variables. Come learn more about it in this group of peers.
- Acupuncture for Fertility with Acupuncturist Amy Matton, MS, Lac, or Acupunturist Jing Zhang, Lac - These wonderful, compassionate professionals can do either traditional acupunture for fertility or laser sessions anytime during your fertility treatment cycle, including right before and after your embryo transfer.
- Stress and Fertility Workshop series with Fertility Counselor Lisa Tuttle, PhD (March 20, 27, April 3) - Come in and meet with Lisa privately for infertility therapy or with your partner. Consider it a mental health tune up!
- Fertile Yoga with me (Certified Yoga Instructor Lisa Rosenthal) - Gentle, restorative yoga with an emphasis on poses poses for fertility and guided meditations that relieve stress and optimize your chances to conceive.
- Ladies Night In (Carrie Van Steen and Lisa Rosenthal) - Laugh, cry, share, and even find a new friend. Dinner's on us while we welcome you to join us for a chat.
- Cooking Classes for Fertility Nutrition - Chef Alison Milwe-Grace & her partner Olivia Savarese of AMG Catering & Events is sharing her cooking skills & passion for food with RMA patients in a series of class offerings this winter/spring. Come join us and learn how to plan and prepare quick, easy, and nutritious meals in a fun environment.
- March of Dimes Walk - April 29 (Stamford) and May 6 (Danbury) - RMACT is taking part in the March of Dime's 5k walk for the third year. We would love you to join our team of walkers.
- A Family of My Own Conference - CT Fertility Doctor Mark Leondires is speaking! (April 21) Rye Brook, NY - This conference will shed light on traditional and alternative ways of conception, including Assisted Reproductive Technology, Alternative Possibilities and Adoption.
- Stamford Women’s Expo - April 28 and 29 - RMACT will be here for the third year in a row, along with many other health professionals. Talk about a treat: lots of beautiful things to look at and buy as a gift to yourself or to another! Have a fun weekend.
Quite a few of these events will be taking place in honor of NIAW - National Infertility Awareness Week, which runs from April 22-28, whether they actually occur during the week or not. National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) encourages infertility awareness, education, and understanding.
Support for Infertility
On a more personal note, as I write about support for infertility:
- Enjoy the warmth of the sun on your face;
- Slow down long enough to appreciate the glorious weather;
- Notice the signs of spring coming up everywhere--daffodils, crocuses, and more;
- Treat yourself to something different: a book, a movie, a night out with friends, a chatty phone call, a game of racquetball, Zumba, a cooking class, music at a coffee house, a concert.
There's no limit to what you can do to enjoy yourself this spring. If you are not feeling a lot of joy, try something new. See what opens up. And then let us know.